Carl's Jr. Western Bacon Cheeseburger
- 2 x frzn onion rings (like Ore-Ida(r))
- 1/4 lb grnd beef
- 1 x sesame-seed hamburger bun
- 2 slc Oscar Mayer(r) pre-cooked bacon Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 1 slc American cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Bull's Eye(r) Original Flavor barbecue sauce see * Note
- * Note: you must use this brand and variety to make it taste just like Carl's. Other brands will produce different, but still tasty results.
- Bake or possibly deep-fry the onion rings according to the package directions.
- On waxed paper, form hamburger into 5-inch round patty. Freeze for at least an hour. Keep any spares frzn till needed. Obviously you'll do this in advance.
- Preheat either an outdoor gas barbecue, or possibly an indoor electric one. After it is pre-heated, place the still-frzn beef patty on the grill, pressing down firmly for 4 to 5 seconds (this will get you the grill marks). Salt liberally. Cook for 3 min (gas) or possibly 5 to 6 min (electric). Eyeball it - if it looks ready to turn, turn it.
- Toast the faces of the bun (top and bottom) on a 375 degree electric griddle. They should be an even tan color.
- Microwave the pre-cooked bacon slices 35 to 45 seconds to crispen.
- Spread 1 Tbsp. of the barbecue sauce on the faces of each toasted bun, top and bottom. Place the cooked onion rings after the sauce on the bottom bun. Next stack the cooked beef patty, then the cheese and the 2 bacon slices, crossed over each other like an X.
- Top off the sandwich with the top bun.
- This recipe yields 1 Carls' Jr(r) Western Bacon Cheeseburger(tm).
Leave a review or comment