Caribbean Rice And Peas
- 2 c. brown rice
- 2 c. skim lowfat milk or possibly evaporated skim lowfat milk
- 1 c. lowfat sweetened condensed lowfat milk (blue & white can)
- 1 Tbsp. coconut extract
- 2 x spring onions minced
- 1 sm canned beans rinsed and liquid removed
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- I use a combination of Fat Free Sweetened Condensed lowfat milk & skim lowfat milk with coconut extract to desired taste and consistency, for recipes which require coconut lowfat milk.[Kai]
- Throw it all together in saucepan.
- Bring to boil.
- Stir then lower heat to simmer.
- Cover till lowfat milk all liquid is absorbed, about 20 min.
- ** Check on it and stir occasionally to make sure not sticking on bottom ofpan.
Leave a review or comment