Caramelized Onions, Blue Cheese And Wild Mushroom Flatbread
- 1 x recipe Flatbread see * Note
- 1 Tbsp. Unsalted butter
- 1 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 x Spanish onions sliced thinly
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 3 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb Assorted wild mushrooms (portobello, shiitake, chanterelle, oyster, porcini, etc.) Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 1/2 c. Fresh mozzarella
- 1 c. Crumbled blue cheese
- Heat butter and extra virgin olive oil in a medium saute/fry pan. Add in onions and sugar and cook slowly till soft and caramelized. Heat extra virgin olive oil in a large saute/fry pan over high heat. Add in the mushrooms and saute/fry till golden and cooked down. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat grill.
- Flatten the Flatbread dough, brush liberally with extra virgin olive oil and throw on the grill. Grill on one side till golden, turn over spread with the mozzarella, onions and mushrooms and blue cheese.
- Comments: The original recipe title as listed is "Caramelized Onions, Cabrales Blue Cheese And Wild Mushroom Flatbread".
Leave a review or comment