Caramelized Apple And Onion Tart
- 1 1/2 c. Flour, all-purpose
- 3/4 tsp Dry thyme
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 c. Butter, chilled & cut into . small pcs
- 1/4 c. Vegetable shortening
- 4 x -6 Tbsp cool water
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 2 x Red delicious apples, cored . and thinly sliced
- 2 x Golden brown delicious apples, . cored & thinly sliced
- 1 x Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cl Garlic, chopped
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Combine the flour, thyme and salt. Using a pastry blender or possibly 2 knives, cut the butter and shortening into the flour mix till it resembles coarse meal. Add in water, 1 Tbsp at a time, till the dough begins to come together.
- Form into disk; refrigeratefor 15 min.
- For the filling, in a skillet, heat the butter over medium heat. Add in the apples, onion, garlic and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, till the apples are golden brown, about 15 min. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to a 12x16 -inch rectangle. Transfer to a baking sheet. Spoon the filling onto the shell to within 1 1/2-inches of the edges. Fold the edges over the filling to create a border.
- Bake for 15 to 20 min.
Leave a review or comment