Capt Petes Chicken and Prawn Curry
Prawn season is here and my wife is netting 24/7 to fill the freezer for the year. This recipe has a Thai twist to it and is delicious
- • 1 tsp ground turmeric
- • 4 tsps curry powder
- • 4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- • 30 gms fresh ginger, roughly chopped
- • 1 tsp sea salt
- • 4 chicken breasts, cut into strips
- • Sunflower oil
- • 2 onions, finely diced
- • 1 tsp dried thyme
- • 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- • 6 tomatoes, skinned, seeded and chopped
- • 1 tin coconut milk
- • 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- • 30 large prawns, shelled or more as you desire
- • juice of a lime or table spoon lime juice
- • 1 Dessert spoon fish sauce
- 1. Mix the turmeric and curry powder with just enough water to make a paste.
- 2. Pound the garlic and ginger with the sea salt in a pestle and mortar .
- 3. Heat a little oil in a frying pan and fry the chicken until golden. Add the onions, garlic and ginger and sweat until soft.
- 4. Add the curry paste and cook for 2-3 minutes then add the thyme, parsley and tomatoes. Cook for 15 minutes, stirring often.
- 5. Add the coconut milk and heat through, add 1 desert spoon Nam Prik (Fish Sauce) then add the chopped coriander.
- 6. Heat some more oil in a separate pan and fry the prawns in a little Peri Peri Oil on each side until cooked . Add Prawns to main pot . Add Lime Juice Cook slowly for 3mins, serve on rice or noodles
Leave a review or comment