Cammy's Greek Bread
- 7/8 c. Lowfat milk, To 1C, (1 - 1 1/8 C)
- 1 x Egg, (2 )
- 1/4 c. Butter, *Note, (6 Tbsp)
- 1/4 c. Honey, (6 Tbsp)
- 1 Tbsp. Vanilla, (4 Tsp)
- 3 c. White Bread Flour, (4 C)
- 1 1/2 tsp Active Dry Yeast, **Note, (2 Tsp)
- *NOTE: Original recipe stated shortening...I used butter
- **NOTE: Original recipe used Red Star Brand Active Yeast
- This bread always draws rave reviews when shared with friends. Do not pass it up. It's also a bread which defies the rules because the dough looks more like a batter than a bread dough in some machines. Have faith, it will bake up just fine.
- Place all ingredients in bread pan, using the least amount of liquid listed in the recipe. Select light crust setting and Sweet Bread cycle. Press Start.
- After the baking cycle ends, remove bread from pan, place on cake rack, and allow to cold 1 hr before slicing.
- CRUST: Light BAKE CYCLE: Sweet Bread OPTIONAL BAKE CYCLE: Standard/Whole Wheat/Rapid Bake
- This is from Lois and Linda's newest book. It made a wonderful loaf in my Zo...very tasty!!
Leave a review or comment