Calamari, Tomato And Bell Pepper Saute With Anchovies And Capers
- 4 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 x Shallots chopped
- 1 x Yellow bell pepper cut into strips
- 2 c. Liquid removed minced tomatoes
- 2 x Garlic cloves chopped
- 1 tsp Chopped fresh thyme Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 2 lb Whole small squid cleaned, and cut into rings
- 3 x Anchovy fillets - (to 4) chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Liquid removed and chopped capers
- 6 x Black olives pitted, minced
- 3 Tbsp. Chopped fresh parsley
- 12 ounce Pasta cooked, liquid removed
- In a large skillet set over moderate heat, heat the oil till it is warm. Add in the shallots and cook them, stirring, 2 min. Add in the bell pepper and cook it, stirring occasionally, for 3 min, or possibly till softened. Add in the tomatoes, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper and simmer the mix, stirring occasionally, for 5 min. Add in the squid and cook, stirring for 1 to 2 min, or possibly till it is white. Add in the anchovy fillets, capers and black olives and cook the mix, stirring, for 2 to 3 min more. Stir in parsley. Transfer the pasta to a serving dish, add in the sauce and toss to combine.
- This recipe yields 3 to 4 servings.
Leave a review or comment