CABBAGE salmon POTATO cheese rolls with Tomato sauceServings: 2by Foodessa345 recipes>
Cabbage celebrates the POTATO as the saviour of the IRISH famine. Salmon with generous portions of cheese make this dish with tomato sauce unique. For a detailed post...refer to: http://www.foodessa.com/2015/03/cabbage-salmon-potato-cheese-rolls.html
- . > American / Metric measures<
- . 8 cabbage ('Savoy') leaves, steamed, cooled
- . > Salmon Potato Cheese mix:
- . 2 lbs. (4 medium) cooked potatoes, mashed
- . 1 can ( 7.5 oz. / 213g) ‘sockeye’ salmon, drained
- . 1/2 cup (50g) Parmesan cheese, grated, packed
- . 1/2 cup (50g) Romano cheese, grated, packed
- . 1 Tbsp. (15ml) e.v.Olive oil
- . zest of 1 lemon (optional)
- . > Seasoning:
- . 1/4 tsp. (1ml) each of: sea salt, granulated garlic
- . 1/4 tsp. (1ml) each of dried herbs: basil, marjoram, sage, tarragon
- . 1/2 cup (80g) roasted, almonds, crushed
- . > Tomato Sauce:
- . 1 small can crushed tomato
- . 2 Tbsps. (30ml) e.v.Olive oil
- . repeat the same amount of spices as mentioned above
- . Steam the cabbage leaves for about 15 minutes or until fork tender. Careful not to overcook. Place the leaves into a bowl filled with cold water. Gently strain and set aside.
- . > Salmon Potato Cheese mix: Mix and mash all the ingredients in order to achieve a good textured mix. Set aside.
- . Pre-heat oven to 300F/150C/Gas2
- . Place all the tomato sauce ingredients into a 9x9 inch (23x23cm) ovenproof dish. Place it into the oven so that the sauce starts cooking for 15 minutes.
- . > Meanwhile: Prepare the cabbage leaves by laying them out onto a work surface. Cut out the thick bottom stems. On the top rounded end, add a heaping tablespoon of the salmon-potato mix. Flap over each extreme end towards the center. Then, gently roll from the rounded end downwards. Set all rolls aside with their seam down.
- . Once the tomato sauce is ready, remove it from the oven in order to add the cabbage rolls seam down. Raise oven to 350F/180C/Gas4. Cover the dish tightly with an aluminium foil and bake for another 20 minutes.
- . Remove the dish from the oven and have it rest for 10 minutes before uncovering and serving with some extra grated cheese of choice.
- . Happy cooking moments from Claudia's kitchen...FOODESSA.com
Leave a review or comment