Cabbage-Potato SoupPrep: 30 min Cook: 40 min Servings: 6by RecipeKing54 recipes>
Cabbage-Potato Soup is an easy and healthy recipe for a hearty and delicious soup. It is low in calories, fat, cholesterol and carbohydrates and a Weight Watchers (4) PointsPlus recipe. Only 1 hour 10 minutes total time to prepare and cook. Ham, potatoes and cabbage are the main ingredients for this delicious and hearty soup.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 large onions, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 large potato, diced (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 of an (8 oz) cooked ham steak, cut into 2″ long strips (about 1 cup)
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp caraway seed
- 1. Heat the oil in a 6 quart saucepot over medium-high heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook for 3 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Stir the broth, black pepper, cabbage, potatoes and ham into the saucepot and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 30 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- 3. Stir in the parsley and caraway seed.
Leave a review or comment