Butternut Squash Soup
Prep Time:10 min Cook Time:40 minutes on stove top. I like to make this in the slow cooker either on low or high depending on how quickly you want to eat the soup :) so timing showed is for stove top Level:0 Serves:6
- 1 butternut squash, peeled
- Nutmeg (I used ground ginger instead, found this gave it a nicer flavour) to your taste
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter to sauté the onion before adding to slow cooker.
- Salt and pepper
- 1 onion, chopped, add one carrot or parsnip (as pre reviews)
- 5 cups chicken stock or Veggie stock start with 4 cups and adjust as per your taste
- 1-2 carrots
- Cut squash into 1-inch chunks.
- In large pot melt butter. Add onion and cook until translucent, about 8 minutes.
- Add onion and ground or minced ginger to squash and stock in slow cooker. Cook until squash & carrot is tender.
- Remove squash chunks with slotted spoon and place in a blender and purÃ©e. I used an immersion blender in the slow cooker
- Return blended squash to pot.
- Stir and adjust seasoning's
Leave a review or comment