Butter Free Raspberry and Almond CakePrep: 10 min Cook: 35 min Servings: 8by Hungry Jenny474 recipes>
I used Michael Ruhlman's Ratio book to create this cake from scratch..and it worked! See my blog entry about this if you're interested to hear how I put this together - otherwise simply enjoy this raspberry and almond cake :)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 50g white sugar
- 125g banana, mashed
- 75ml rice bran oil
- 100g plain flour
- 100g ground almonds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 100g frozen raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Beat the egg with the sugar. Mix the banana and oil in well.
- In another mixing bowl, sift in the flour with half of the almonds. Add the cinnamon, nutmeg and baking powder. Fold in the raspberries, coating well.
- Pour in the banana mixture, folding in until just mixed.
- Transfer the mixture to a lined sandwich tin, then spoon the remaining almonds over the top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until lightly goldena and you can pull a fork out clean.
Leave a review or comment