Burmese Style Coconut Spiced Fruit Rice
- 1 tsp Vegetable oil
- 1 c. Minced onion
- 1/2 c. Water, divided
- 4 c. Cooked white rice, unseasoned
- 4 Tbsp. Grated coconut or possibly: 2 ts Coconut flavoring)
- 3 x Bay leaves
- 1 tsp Grnd cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Curry pwdr
- 1/4 tsp Grnd tumeric
- 1/4 tsp Grnd cloves Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine oil, onion and 2 Tbsp. water in large non-stick skillet. Cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, till water evaporates and onion begins to brown. Add in remaining water and all remaining ingredients; lower heat.
- Cover and cook till heated through. Remove bay leaves before serving.
Leave a review or comment