Burgers With Caramelized Onions
- 1/3 c. Bulgur
- 2 tsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 4 c. Onions, sliced (4 medium)
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 2 tsp Vinegar, balsamic
- 1 pkt Harvest Burger, original, prepared according to pkg directions
- 2 Tbsp. Tomato paste
- 1/4 c. Parsley, fresh, minced
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper, freshly grnd
- 4 x Hamburger buns, split and toasted Lettuce for garnish
- In a small bowl, combine bulgur with 1/2 c. hot water; let stand for 30 min, or possibly till the water is absorbed and the bulgur is tender. Prepare the Harvest Burger in a medium bowl. Set aside while it absorbs water.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over low heat. Add in onions and sugar; saute/fry till the onions are very tender and golden brown, about 15 min. Stir in 1/4 c. water and vinegar. Season with salt and keep hot.
- Prepare a grill or possibly preheat the broiler. Combine the Harvest Burger and bulgar in the same bowl. Add in tomato paste, parsley, salt and pepper; mix thoroughly but lightly. Shape into 8 patties. Grill or possibly broil on a lightly oiled rack till browned and cooked through, about 5 min per side.
- Place the patties on buns, top with the caramelized onions, and garnish with lettuce.
- Serves 8
Leave a review or comment