Burger Steak With Gravy SaucePrep: 30 min Cook: 55 min Servings: 4by Marelie38 recipes>
Oh I'm being nostalgic again.. I find myself having stories to tell every time I post. Gosh, I am so talkative. My son although a McDonald's fan loves Burger Steak from Jollibee. This prompted me to make my own Burger Steak. It is not a copycat of course but my version is better if not the best because it is homemade.
- 1/2 kg ( 500 grams) ground beef
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs soaked in
- 1/3 cup fresh milk
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 2 tbsp grated ginger
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp rice wine
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp black pepper ground
- 1/2 tsp celery powder
- 1/4 all spice salt
- For the gravy sauce:
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 beef cube or 1 tbsp beef powder
- 2 tsp Knorr seasoning
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp oil that you used from frying beef patties
- In a bowl combine all the ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Set aside in the fridge for about 30 minutes and then form into patties.
- To form patties, make 1/4 cup measurement and put the mixture on your palm and then create an oblong form. Once you have finished, fry them ( by batch) in a little oil.
- Just let them brown a little on both sides and keep aside.
- Then proceed to cook your own gravy from scratch.I love this!
- Next, in a saucepan, put fried beef patties and pour the gravy that you made.
- Make sure the patties and gravy are well combined.
- Cook by simmering for 25 minutes. Check from time to time cause the burger might stick.
- Then, transfer the patties and gravy to a baking pan
- Cover loosely with a aluminum foil and bake at 350 or 180 for 30 minutes.
- There you have it.. serve with rice, or mashed potato and veggies.
- How to make gravy sauce:
- In a saucepan combine all the ingredients and whisk to avoid any lump.
- Let it boil and then turn the heat to simmering mode.
- Simmer until you reach the desired consistency.
- Note: I usually make double recipe for this because my children loves Gravy.The first one is for the sauce because I will cook and I will bake the patties. The second one is extra for enjoying more gravy on the side.
Leave a review or comment