Budin De Polenta With Mushroom And Sausage
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage
- 1 lb chorizo
- 1 lb morcilla or possibly Argentine blood sausage
- 2 c. lowfat milk
- 2 c. chicken stock
- 1 x ancho or possibly pasilla
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 sprg rosemary
- 1 sprg basil Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 2 c. instant polenta
- 1/2 c. shredded Spanish manchego
- 1/2 c. thinly-sliced shallots
- 4 x garlic cloves sliced thinly
- 1 c. stemmed and quartered portobello (abt 1 to 2 mushrooms)
- 1 c. chanterelle strips (abt 7 to 8 mushrooms stemmed and pulled apart with your fingers)
- 1 c. stemmed and julienned shiitakes (abt 7 to 8 mushrooms)
- 1 c. Merlot
- 1/2 pt currant tomatoes
- 1 bn basil leaves picked
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large saute/fry pan, saute/fry sausages, and place in the oven at 350 degrees for about 7 to 8 min. Lower oven temperature to 250 degrees.
- Meanwhile, start the polenta. Combine lowfat milk, stock, chile, butter, herbs, salt, and pepper in a heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil and remove herbs. Slowly pour in polenta whisking constantly till thick. Remove immediately and add in the cheese, stirring till incorporated. Pour into a lightly buttered bowl. Place in 250 degree oven till ready to serve.
- Remove sausage from the pan and drain the fat. To the same pan, add in shallots, garlic, and mushrooms. Cook till soft. Add in wine and tomatoes and place sausages back into the pan. Reduce down 3/4 of the way; finish with picked basil and butter. Remove polenta from oven, invert onto a large platter. Place sausage mix around the polenta.
- This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.
Leave a review or comment