Buckwheat Noodles With Baby Carrots, Peas And New Potatoes
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 x clove garlic, chopped
- 1/3 c. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 c. rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp chili sauce
- 1 x lemongrass stick, broken into pcs
- 1 Tbsp. peeled and grated fresh ginger
- 16 x baby carrots, up to 18
- 16 sm new potatoes, quartered
- 12 ounce fresh or possibly dry buckwheat noodles
- 1 c. frzn peas Fresh minced mint for garnish, (optional)
- 4 SERVINGS DAIRY-FREE
- After winter's diet of hearty, slow-cooked foods, the palate hungers for fresh new flavors, and this pasta dish fills the bill.
- In medium saucepan, combine sesame oil, garlic, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, chili sauce, lemongrass and ginger. Cook over low heat for 5 min. Remove lemongrass and set aside.
- In large pot of salted water, cook carrots and potatoes till tender, about 15 min. Drain vegetables and set aside, reserving water. Return water to a boil and add in noodles, stirring to prevent sticking. Cook according to package directions.
- Just before pasta is done, add in peas, potatoes and carrots to boiling water.
- Cook 1 minute, drain and transfer to serving bowl. Add in sauce, toss thoroughly and adjust seasoning. Serve right away.
Leave a review or comment