Brussels Sprouts With Walnuts And Orange
- 4 pt Brussels sprouts
- 2 Tbsp. orange juice
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp granulated sugar (or possibly 1 1/2 tspns brown rice syrup)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 pch freshly-grnd white pepper
- 1/3 c. walnut oil
- 1/2 c. minced toasted walnuts
- 1 Tbsp. orange zest in long strips
- Throw away and trim off yellow leaves and base from sprouts. Cut into quarters. Cook in boiling salted water till just tender, 4 to 10 min. Remove from heat and drain.
- Whisk orange and lemon juices, sugar, salt and white pepper together. Drizzle in walnut oil while whisking.
- Toss sprouts with walnuts, zest and dressing.
- Serve immediately, or possibly reserve in hot oven for up to 15 min.
- This recipe yields 12 servings.
- Comments: When selecting your sprouts, choose those which are hard and fully green.
Leave a review or comment