Brussels Sprouts With Shallots And Mustard Seeds
- 4 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 1/2 lb small brussels sprouts trimmed
- 1/4 c. butter - (1/2 stick)
- 6 lrg shallots finely minced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- Stir mustard seeds in small dry skillet over medium-low heat till seeds are lightly toasted and begin to pop, about 3 min. Remove from heat. Cold.
- Cook brussels sprouts in large pot of boiling salted water till crisp-tender, about 5 min. Drain. Place in bowl of ice water to cold. Drain and cut in half. (Mustard seeds and brussels sprouts can be made 1 day ahead. Store mustard seeds at room temperature. Wrap brussels sprouts in paper towels; cover and chill.)
- Heat butter in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add in shallots and saute/fry till tender and golden brown, about 4 min. Add in brussels sprouts and saute/fry till just tender and heated through, about 8 min. Add in lemon juice, mustard, and mustard seeds; toss to blend. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
- This recipe yields 8 servings.
Leave a review or comment