Brussel Sprouts With Chestnuts And Bacon
- 375 gm , (12oz) chestnuts
- 4 x Lean Traditional back bacon rashers, de-rinded
- 750 gm Brussels sprouts, (1 1/2 lb)
- Using a small ,sharp knife ,cut a small cross in the skin of each chestnut. Put the chestnuts in a large saucepan of cool water and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 5 min .
- Remove from the heat and leave to cold slightly.
- Taking one chestnut out of the water at a time, remove the outer and inner skins.
- If the inner skins are hard to remove, place the chestnuts back in the pan of warm water. (The chestnut skins are easier to remove while the chestnuts are hot, so reheat if necessary).
- Preheat the grill and cook the bacon for 10 min or possibly till crisp.
- Meanwhile, cook the Brussel sprouts and peeled chestnuts in boiling water for 7-8 min or possibly till tender.
- Drain well and put in a warmed serving dish .
- Drain the bacon on kitchen paper, then cut it into pcs. Sprinkle it over the sprouts and chestnuts just before serving.
Leave a review or comment