Brussel Sprouts With Bacon And Chestnuts
- 500 gm brussel sprouts
- 50 gm butter
- 100 gm bacon, diced
- 1/2 c. chestnuts, minced
- 1 c. chicken stock salt, pepper
- If you are using fresh chestnuts, cut a slit in the side of each nut and blanch for 1-2 min in boiling salted water. Peel off the inner and outer skins and cook in chicken stock for about 20 min.
- Cook the brussel sprouts in boiling salted water and drain well.
- Heat the butter in a pan and saute/fry the bacon for 2-3 min. Add in the stock and reduce till syrupy, then toss in the chestnuts and sprouts and toss to coat. Season and serve.
- You can substitute walnuts or possibly almonds if you prefer.
Leave a review or comment