Brunch Buffet Raspberry Coffee Cake
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1/2 c. sifted all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp. light or possibly dark brown sugar
- 1 3/4 tsp baking pwdr
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted margarine
- 3/4 c. low-fat (2% milkfat) lowfat milk
- 1 lrg egg lightly beaten
- 2 tsp grated orange rind
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 c. fresh or possibly frzn dry-pack raspberries or possibly blueberries
- 2 Tbsp. orange juice.
- Step 1: Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly coat an 8" x 8" x 2" baking pan with the cooking spray set aside.
- Step 2: In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking pwdr, and salt. Using a pastry blender or possibly a fork, cut in the margarine till the mix resembles coarse meal. Stir in the lowfat milk, egg, orange rind, and vanilla extract, and mix just till the dry ingredients are moistened. Spoon the batter into the baking pan.
- Step 3: In a small bowl, toss the raspberries with the orange juice and spoon on top of the batter. Bake till the coffee cake begins to shrink from the sides of the pan and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean-about 25 min. Cut into 9 squares and serve hot.
- NOTES :Preparation Time: 5 min.
- Cooking Time: 25 min.
- Serves 9.
Leave a review or comment