Brownies With White Chocolate Chunks
- 1 c. unsalted butter - (2 sticks)
- 4 ounce unsweetened chocolate minced
- 4 ounce bittersweet (not unsweetened) or possibly semisweet chocolate minced
- 2 c. sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 lrg Large eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 c. white chocolate chips Creme Anglaise (see recipe) Vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter 9- by 9- by 2-inch metal baking pan. Combine butter, unsweetened chocolate and bittersweet chocolate in heavy medium saucepan. Stir over low heat till melted and smooth. Remove from heat. Add in 1 c. sugar and stir till sugar dissolves, about 1 minute. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Whisk Large eggs and 1 c. sugar in large bowl to blend. Whisk half of egg mix into chocolate mix. Using electric mixer, beat remaining egg mix till pale yellow and slightly thickened, about 3 min. Gently fold chocolate mix and salt into egg mix. Gently mix in flour, then white chocolate chips. Spoon into prepared pan.
- Bake brownies till tester inserted into center comes out with moist crumbs attached, about 28 min. Transfer to rack. Cold completely. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover; let stand at room temperature.) Cut brownies into squares. Serve with Creme Anglaise and ice cream.
- This recipe yields about 12 brownies.
Leave a review or comment