Brownie Bowls With Peanut Butter MoussePrep: 25 min Cook: 8 min Servings: 6by Doctor Jo39 recipes>
Brownie Bowls with Peanut Butter Mousse deliver a decadent deep dark double chocolate brownie bowl heaping high, with a cloud of peanut butter mousse.
- Brownie Bowls
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup butter unsalted, softened
- 2 eggs large
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup Dutch Process Cocoa
- ¾ cup flour all-purpose
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup chocolate chips dark
- ½ cup walnuts optional
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp unflavored gelatin
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup peanut butter creamy
- 4 oz cream cheese room temperature
- chocolate curls garnish
- FOR BROWNIE BOWLS
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Beat together the butter and the sugar until soft and fluffy about 3 minutes in a stand mixer.
- Add the eggs and vanilla, mix into the butter and sugar mixture.
- Mix together the cocoa powder, flour, salt, and baking powder. Add to the eggs and sugar mixture and mix in.
- Stir the chocolate chips and nuts in by hand.
- Spray the wells of the dessert bowl pan with nonstick spray. Divide the batter between the six wells in the dessert bowl pan. Each one should have a little more than 1/3 of a cup of batter. If the batter doesn't come up to the fill line do not be concerned. The brownies will rise during baking enough to cover the part that's sticking up.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Check the brownies after 8 minutes. If there is raw batter in the middle of the well bake for 1 more minute. The top of the brownie should be soft but not raw.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Then carefully run a table knife around the edge of each brownie bowl and invert the pan on a cooling rack.
- FOR MOUSSE
- Add 2 tsp of the gelatin to the water, whisk together, and let rest for 5 minutes. (called letting the gelatin bloom) Place on a burner and heat on low until the gelatin is melted. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Put the mixing bowl in the freezer to chill at least 10 minutes.
- Add the cream and powdered sugar to the cold mixing bowl. (use the whisk beater for a stand mixer) Beat on low initially and gradually increase the speed of the mixer to high. Beat until firm peaks form. Do not overbeat it or it will separate. Put the whipped cream mixture in a glass bowl in the fridge.
- Beat the peanut butter and softened cream cheese together until fluffy. Add the cooled gelatin mixture and beat in.
- Fold the whipped cream into the peanut butter - cream cheese mixture. Put in a covered glass bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Fill the bowls with the Mousse just before serving.
Leave a review or comment