Brown Sugar Blueberry MuffinsPrep: 5 min Cook: 25 min Servings: 6by Catherine Pappas920 recipes>
- For Blueberry Muffins
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1-2 cups fresh blueberries
- Brown Sugar Crumble
- 1-2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Simple Icing Drizzle
- ½ cup confectioner's sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 teaspoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk oil, sugar, egg, milk and sour cream until smooth.
- In a separate, sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Add alternatively to the wet ingredients with the milk. Beginning and ending with the flour mixture.
- In small bowl, combine all ingredients for crumble. Mix until a crumbly mixture forms.
- Divide blueberry batter evenly between a greased muffin pan. Top each muffin with brown sugar crumble.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until cake tester come clean. Leave the muffins to cool completely in the pan.
- For the icing, whisk above ingredients and drizzle each muffin generously. Allow a few minutes for icing to set before serving.
Leave a review or comment