Brown Rice, Almond And Vegetable Croquettes
- 1 1/2 c. Short grain brown rice
- 3 1/2 c. Defatted stock
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp. Oil
- 1/2 c. Chopped celery
- 3/4 c. Grated parsnips
- 3/4 c. Grated sweet potatoes or possibly carrots
- 3/4 c. Chopped green onions
- 1/4 c. Roasted and slivered almonds
- 1/2 c. Toasted bread crumbs
- 1/3 c. Minced fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp. Reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 x Egg, beaten
- In medium saucepan over medium-high heat, bring rice, stock and salt to boiling. Cover and reduce heat to low. Cook 40 to 45 min, or possibly till all water has been absorbed. Let cold. In a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, combine oil, celery, parsnips and sweet potatoes or possibly carrots. Cook and stir 3 to 5 min, or possibly till soft but not brown. Add in green onions; cook 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- In large bowl, combine sauted vegetables, almonds, bread crumbs, parsley, soy sauce, egg and rice. Mix well. Form into 3-inch patties. Wash and dry skillet. Coat with nonstick vegetable spray and set over medium-high heat.
- When skillet is warm, add in croquettes. Cook 3 to 5 min or possibly till golden; turn and cook 3 to 5 min more.
- Makes about 16 croquettes.
Leave a review or comment