Brown Butter Pancakes with Sheet Pan BerriesPrep: 10 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 4by Doctor Jo39 recipes>
Brown butter pancakes with sheet pan berries are super fluffy, simple, and delicious. They look like you spent the whole morning making them. Make a double batch as everyone will want seconds. They are that good. Serve them for brunch with my Hashbrown Casserole or Artichoke Egg Bake.
- 4 cups berries (600g) mixture of any type of whole berries
- ½ cup granulated sugar (50 g)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (120g)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp soda
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¾ cup milk (177ml)
- ¼ cup sour cream (56 g)
- 1 egg large
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp brown butter
- Sheet Pan Berries
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Combine the sugar with the berries and spread on a sheet pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes stirring once halfway through baking.
- Fluffy Brown Butter Pancakes
- Make the Browned Butter: Use one stick of butter to make the browned butter. You will only need 2 Tbsp. so save the extra to put on vegetables or use in baking.
- Mix up the pancakes while the berries are roasting.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, soda, and sea salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix together the eggs, milk, maple syrup, sour cream, melted browned butter, and vanilla. (make sure the browned butter is warm and not hot or it will cook the eggs.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients just until no powdery flour is visible. Batter will be lumpy.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet. A few drops of water in the skillet should sizzle when the skillet is hot enough. I use an electric griddle set to 375°F. Grease the skillet or griddle with butter.
- Add 1/2 cup of batter per pancake. A scoop works well for this. Spread the batter out evenly with the back of the scoop.
- Cook until the bottoms are golden brown. About 2-3 minutes. Give a quick flip and cook another 1-2 minutes more. Be patient and don't flip too soon.
- Serve hot with the sheet pan berries and whipped cream or ice cream.
Leave a review or comment