Broccoli with Mustard SaucePrep: 15 min Cook: 10 min Servings: 4by Robyn Savoie381 recipes>
This is a delightfully tasty and simple side dish. The creamy mustard sauce is also a nice complement to cauliflower.
- 4 Cups Fresh Broccoli, Coarsely Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 Tbsp. All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Plus 2 Tbsp. Milk
- 1/2 Cup Dijon Style Mustard
- 1/4 Tsp. Dill Weed
- In a large saucepan, bring the broccoli, water and 1/4 teaspoon salt to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the mustard, dill and remaining salt. Drain broccoli; drizzle with the mustard sauce.
Leave a review or comment