Broccoli Cheese Rice CasserolePrep: 30 min Cook: 35 min Servings: 1by Just Cookin'13 recipes>
A delicious rice dish that is easy to make and goes well with any type of baked, grilled or barbecued meat. A good way to sneak in vegetables to those non/-vegetable eaters.
- 4 cups cooked rice (2 c. rice/4 c. water)
- 12 oz. frozen chopped broccoli
- 2 Tbs butter
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 Tbs chopped garlic
- 2 cups milk
- 1 ½ cups frozen chopped seasoning
- (mix of onions, celery, peppers, etc)
- 8 oz Velveeta cut into cubes
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- Cajun seasoning to taste
- Heat oven to 350. Cook rice separately and pour into a 10 x 15 or deep 9 x 13 pan. In medium pot on stove top, melt butter, add garlic and seasonings and cook until wilted. Add all the rest except the Velveeta; cook on medium heat until blended. Add Velveeta and broccoli and cook until Velveeta is melted. Add mixture to rice and stir gently until blended. Cook in oven for 30-40 min. The center should not be too juicy and the top is lightly brown. (Option: top with cheddar cheese before baking)
- Note: You can save time by putting everything except the rice in a 9 x 13 dish in the microwave. Cook on high 12 minutes; stir every 3 minutes until cheese is melted. Then stir in precooked rice and cook in the oven as stated above.
Leave a review or comment