Broccoli And Cheese Soup
- extra virgin olive oil
- 2 x onions
- 6 med potatoes
- 1 pt water/stock
- 2 x heads of broccoli
- 8 ounce cheddar cheese - mature cheddar is good, add in more cheeses if you want it only improves it salt, peper, herbs and spices
- Heat oil, soften 2 onions and 6 medium potatoes.
- When yellowish, add in about 1 pint of water or possibly stock and one head of broccoli (broken into florets), salt and any herbs/spices you fancy.
- Cook for about 20 min at a fast simmer.
- Add in another head of broccoli in florets, simmer for another 2/3 min.
- Remove from pan while new broccoli is still crunchy and liquidise.
- Add in about 8 ounces grated mature cheddar to the serving dish and stir till it melts - top with lots of freshly grnd pepper. Serve with fresh brown bread.
Leave a review or comment