Broccoli And Cauliflower Stir Fry
- 2 tsp oil
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 c. broccoli flowerets
- 1 1/2 c. cauliflower flowerets
- 8 ounce canned straw mushrooms liquid removed
- 1/2 c. nonfat chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp. oyster sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil (optional)
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp cornstarch dissolved in
- 2 tsp water
- 1. Heat a wok over high heat till warm. Add in the veg. oil and garlic and stir fry for 10 seconds. Add in the broccoli, cauliflower, and mushrooms, and stir fry for 30 seconds. Add in the chicken broth, cover and cook till the vegetables are crisp-tender, about 3 min.
- 2. Add in the oyster sauce, sesame oil (if using) and pepper and cook for 1 min. Add in the cornstarch solution and cook, stirring till the sauce boils and thickens.
- NOTES : This is a basic dish. The yin-yang color and similar texture make this a great vegetable side dish for any meal.
Leave a review or comment