Brie Filled Pork Chops With Apple Stuffing
- 4 x boneless center-cut pork chops
- 1 x round Brie or possibly gouda cheese - (4 1/2 ounce) see * Note
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp freshly-grnd black pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 c. water
- 3/4 tsp chicken bouillon granules
- 3/4 c. apple juice
- 2 x garlic cloves halved
- 2 x fresh rosemary sprigs (or possibly 2 1/2 tspns dry rosemary)
- 2 c. herb-seasoned stuffing mix
- 1 lrg Red Delicious apple unpeeled, minced Apple wedges Fresh rosemary sprigs
- * Note: One (3-oz) package cream cheese may be substituted for the 4 1/2-oz round Brie.
- Cut an opening in 1 side of each chop, cutting to but not through remaining 3 sides. Cut cheese into 4 portions; place 1 portion into each opening. Secure with wooden picks.
- Combine flour, pepper, and paprika; dredge chops in flour mix.
- Brown chops in warm oil in a large ovenproof skillet 3 min on each side. Remove from skillet.
- Combine water and next 4 ingredients in skillet; bring to a boil. Boil 1 minute; remove and throw away garlic and rosemary. Stir in stuffing mix and minced apple. Return chops to skillet.
- Bake, covered, at 350 degrees for 30 min or possibly till tender. Garnish, if you like.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Leave a review or comment