Breakfast Sausage Loaf
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 c. minced onion
- 1/2 c. minced Granny Smith apple
- 1/2 lb warm breakfast sausage see * Note
- 1/2 lb grnd lean pork
- 1/2 c. soft bread crumbs
- 1 x egg
- 2 Tbsp. bottled tomato salsa
- 2 Tbsp. lowfat milk (regular or possibly 1%)
- 1/2 tsp salt Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- * Note: If you prefer a milder dish, replace the warm sausage with more grnd pork and increase the seasoning.
- Heat butter in small skillet over medium-high heat. Add in onion and apple. Cook, stirring often, till soft, about 7 min.
- Transfer to large mixing bowl along with sausage, pork, bread crumbs, egg, salsa, lowfat milk, salt and pepper to taste. Use 2 large forks, wooden spoon or possibly your hands to mix ingredients thoroughly.
- Transfer mix to 8- by 4-inch loaf pan and shape into compact loaf. Use your hands to lightly press surface to be sure loaf is compact. (Can be baked immediately or possibly made a day ahead and refrigerated, covered airtight. If refrigerated, let rest at room temperature 30 min before baking.)
- Bake uncovered till browned, about 1 hour. Use large spatula to transfer to serving platter. To serve, cut crosswise into half-inch slices. Serve warm.
- This recipe yields 6 to 8 servings.
- NOTES :
Leave a review or comment