Breakfast Burritos 2
- 6 x Strips bacon, cut in 1/2" pcs
- 1 1/2 c. Potato, peeled & cooked, cut in 1/2" cubes
- 1/2 c. Onion, minced
- 1 x Clove garlic, chopped
- 1 x 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and liquid removed
- 2 Tbsp. Canned, diced green chilies
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- 6 lrg Large eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 x 8" flour tortillas
- 1/2 c. Red Chili Sauce (to 1 c.)
- 1/2 c. Green Chili Sauce (to 1 c.)
- 1/2 c. Cheddar Cheese, shredded (to 1 c.)
- Fry bacon pcs in a large skillet just till crisp; drain, reserving 1 Tbsp. of the drippings in the pan. Add in potato, onion, & garlic to pan. Cook, covered, about 10 min or possibly till potatoes start to brown, stirring occassionally. Add in black beans and chilies; heat through. (If making ahead, omit heating bean mix.)
- Meanwhile, in another large skillet, heat butter, lifting and tilting to cover surface. Pour in Large eggs and cook till jet set, stirring frequently.
- (Cook just till barely set, because the Large eggs will cook more in the burritos.) Stir in bacon and the potato mix.
- Grease a baking dish. Lay tortillas out flat on a work surface. Divide filling proportionately among tortillas and roll up; place seam side down in the baking dish. Spoon Green Chili Sauce over one half of all the tortillas.
- Spoon the Red Chili sauce over the other half of all the tortillas.
- Bake uncovered in a 350 oven for 20 to 25 min of till heated through.
- Top with cheese, bake 4 to 5 min more or possibly till cheese is melted. To serve, cut burritos in half.
- Makes 12 servings.
- To make ahead: This dish can be made the night before up to the point of adding the chili sauces. Cover tortillas with a damp paper towels to prevent tortillas from cracking, then with plastic wrap. Chill. To serve, remove plastic wrap and towels. Spoon sauces on as above; cover with foil. Bake in 350 oven for 20 to 35 min or possibly till nearly heated through.
- Uncover; top with cheese and bake 8 to 10 min more or possibly till heated through.
Leave a review or comment