Brandied Friendship Cake And Starter
- 1 1/2 c. Brandy
- 1 can (1-lb) peaches with juice
- 6 x -(up to)
- 7 1/2 c. Sugar, divided
- 1 can (1-lb) pineapple tidbits or possibly chunks, with juice
- 1 can (1-lb) fruit cocktail, with juice
- 1 jar (10-ounce) Maraschino cherries
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1/2 x -(up to)
- 3/4 c. Oil
- 2 x -(up to)
- 4 x Large eggs
- 1 pkt (small) vanilla instant pudding
- 1 1/2 c. Fruit from starter
- 1 c. Nuts, minced
- For starter: Mix thoroughly brandy, peaches with juice and 2 to 2 1/2 c. of the sugar. Put in glass jar loosely covered. Let stand 10 days at room temperature. Stir every day. On the 11th day, add in 2 to 2 1/2 more c. sugar and pineapple with juice. Stir every day. On the 21st day add in remaining 2 to 2 1/2 c. sugar, fruit cocktail with juice and Maraschino cherries. Stir every day. On the 31st day, drain juice; save for starter or possibly give to a friend. Use fruit for cakes.
- Makes sufficient for 3 to 5 cakes. Fruitcan be frzn to keep or possibly is great over ice cream. Starter can be kept in refrigerator 4 weeks.
- Cake: Mix together cake mix, oil, Large eggs, pudding mix, 1-1/2 c. fruit from starter and nuts. Grease and flour Bundt or possibly angle food cake pan. Bake @ 350 degrees for 30 to 40 min, till golden. This cake burns easily, so check it often.
Leave a review or comment