Brandied Chocolate Cold CakePrep: 30 min Cook: 10 min Servings: 7by molly113 recipes>
- 2 tbsp brandy
- 100 g digestive biscuits, broken into small pieces
- 100 g butter
- 3 generous tbsp runny honey
- 185 g dark chocolate (75%) broken into pieces
- 235 ml cream, lightly whipped
- 175 g whole mixed nuts, toasted and then chopped
- 55 g ready to eat dried peaches
- 100 g glace cherries, halved
- 85 g crystallized orange peel, finely chopped
- Cocoa powder, top quality to dust
- Line a 20cm tart tine with a removable base with plastic wrap.
- Drip the brandy over the digestive biscuits in a mixing bowl.
- Melt the butter, chocolate and honey in a bowl over simmering water and stir well until smooth and everything is incorporated.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for about 5 â 8 minutes and then fold in the whipped cream, nuts, apricots, cherries, peel and digestive biscuit mix, stirring everything well and combining it all evenly.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tins and press everything down well.
- Chill in a refrigerator overnight.
- Invert the tart onto a dinner plate, peel off the wrap and discard it.
- Dust heavily with cocoa and serve.
- Notes* It will keep in the tin for up to 3 days in the fridge.
Leave a review or comment