Braised Short Ribs 2
- 2 Tbsp. Vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 lb Short ribs cut individual ribs
- 2 Tbsp. Bayou Blast - (Emeril's Creole Seasoning) see * Note
- 1 c. Minced onions
- 1/2 c. Minced celery
- 1/2 c. Minced carrot
- 1 c. Peeled, seeded, minced tomatoes fresh or possibly canned
- 2 Tbsp. Minced garlic
- 1/2 c. Red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 3 x Bay leaves
- 2 tsp Freshly-grnd black pepper
- 2 quart Beef broth
- 1/4 c. Minced scallion, green part only for garnish
- Heat oil in a dutch oven or possibly large, heavy covered pot over high heat. Season ribs with Bayou Blast, patting it in well with your hands. When pot is nearly smoking add in ribs without crowding them and sear on all sides till they form a brown crust. Do this in batches, if necessary.
- When all ribs have browned, add in onions, celery and carrot; saute/fry 1 minute to brown lightly. Stir in tomatoes, garlic, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, bay leaves, pepper and sufficient broth to just cover ribs. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to gently simmering, cover and simmer till very tender, about 2 1/2 hrs.
- To serve, mound ribs in center of 4 plates, spoon sauce over and garnish with minced scallions.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Leave a review or comment