Braised Pork Loin
- 3 lb pork loin roast - (to 4 lbs) trimmed
- 4 x garlic cloves slivered Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp sage
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 c. chicken broth
- 1/4 c. dry white wine or possibly chicken broth
- 1/4 c. flour
- Brown pork roast on all sides in a large skillet or possibly under broiler to remove excess fat. Insert garlic slivers in pork and season with salt, pepper, sage, and thyme. Add in broth and wine, if used. Cover and cook on LOW for 10 to 12 hrs.
- Remove roast and skim excess fat from juices; combine flour with about 1/4 c. of juices from the crockpot and whisk to smooth. Turn the crockpot to HIGH and stir in the flour mix. Cook and stir till thickened (this may be done on the stovetop). Serve gravy over pork, with rice or possibly potatoes.
- This recipe yields about 8 servings.
Leave a review or comment