Braised Pork Chops With Peppers
- 1 tsp unsalted butter two (3/4-inch-thick) rib pork chops
- 1/3 c. chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 c. coarsely minced red bell pepper
- 1 c. coarsely minced green bell pepper
- 1 tsp cornstarch dissolved in 2 Tbsp. water
- In a non-stick skillet heat the butter over moderately high heat till the
- foam subsides and in it brown the pork chops, patted dry and seasoned with
- salt and black pepper. Add in the broth and the vinegar, bring the liquid to
- a boil, and transfer the mix to a microwave-safe baking dish just large sufficient to hold the chops in one layer. Sprinkle the chops with the bell peppers and microwave the mix, covered with microwave-safe plastic wrap, at medium power (50%) for 6 min. Stir the cornstarch mix into the cooking juices and microwave the mix, covered, at high power (100%) for 1 minute.
- Serves 2.
Leave a review or comment