Braised Neck Of Lamb With Preserved Lemons
- 500 gm Diced neck of lamb
- 1 x Garlic clove, crushed
- 1 x 1 inch piece root ginger
- 1 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Saffron, (stamen)
- 300 ml Preserved lemons
- 175 gm Baby onions, peeled
- 225 gm New potatoes, peeled Salt and pepper Coriander leaves Roasted coriander seeds
- 3 x Lemons
- 1 x Lemon, juice of
- 1 Tbsp. Salt
- Place the lamb into a casserole dish then add in the garlic, ginger, coriander seeds, extra virgin olive oil, saffron, lamb stock and cook for around 1 hour.
- Place in the potatoes, onions and the lemon. Stir in carefully. Cook for a further 25-30 min. Plate and scatter with coriander leaves.
- Preserved lemons: Wash the lemons and soak in cool water for 3 days, change the water daily.
- Slice the lemons into quarters (lengthways).
- Place 1/2tsp salt in each cut lemon and squeeze over the juice of 1 lemon.
- Add in sufficient boiling water to cover, then store in a cold dark place for 3 weeks before use.
Leave a review or comment