Braised Fish With Sun Dried Tomato Sauce
- 1 lrg onion, minced
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 c. clam juice or possibly reduced-fat chicken broth
- 3 Tbsp. minced oil-packed sun-dry tomatoes
- 1 tsp dry marjoram leaves
- 1/2 tsp dry oregano leaves
- 4 x halibut steaks (about 4 ounces each)
- 1 can (8 ounces) reduced-sodium tomato sauce Salt and pepper, to taste
- Saute/fry onion and garlic in oil in large skillet till tender and well-browned. Stir in clam juice, sun-dry tomatoes, and herbs. Heat to boiling; boil, uncovered, stirring frequently till liquid is almost evaporates, about 5 min.
- Add in fish and tomato sauce; simmer gently till fish is tender and flakes with a fork, 3 to 5 min. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Leave a review or comment