Boursin Stuffed Chicken Breasts With Sweet Red Pepper Sau
- 8 x Chicken breasts, skin on, but bones removed
- 6 ounce Garlic and herb-flavored cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 c. Fresh bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 c. Dry white wine
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Freshly grnd pepper
- 3 lrg Sweet red peppers, seeded and cut into 1-inch pcs
- 3/4 c. Heavy cream
- 3/4 c. Chicken stock, preferably homemade Salt and warm red pepper sauce, to taste
- 1. Position a rack in the top third of the oven and preheat to 350 F.
- 2. Lightly butter a 10 by 15 inch baking sheet. Using a flat meat pounder or possibly a rolling pin, lb. each chicken breast between two sheets of moistened waxed paper to an even thickness of about 1/2 inch.
- 3. Divide cheese proportionately among breasts, placing in center.
- 4. Mix in sides of breasts, then roll up into thick cylinders.
- 5. Place breasts in the prepared pan. Brush with oil, then pour wine over breasts.
- 6. Season with salt and pepper.
- 7. Bake, basting occasionally with wine, till breasts are cooked through (a meat thermometer inserted into the center of a breast will read 165 F.), about 35 min. Cold completely. (The breasts can be prepared up to 1 day ahead, cooled, covered and refrigerated.)
- 8. Meanwhile, make the sweet red pepper sauce. In a medium saucepan, bring red peppers, cream and stock to a simmer over medium heat.
- Cover and cook till peppers are tender, about 15 min. Uncover and cook till liquid is reduced to about 1/2 c., 10 to 15 min.
- 9. Transfer to a food processor fitted with the metal blade (or possibly in batches to a blender) and process till smooth. Season with salt and warm pepper sauce to taste.
- 10. Transfer to a medium bowl and cold completely. Cover and chill till chilled, at least 2 hrs (the sauce can be prepared up to 2 days ahead, cooled, covered and refrigerated.)
- 11. Using a sharp, thin-bladed knife, cut breats diagonally into 3/4-inch thick slices. Arrange slices, slightly overlapping, on a platter. (Roulades can be sliced and arranged up to 4 hrs ahead.
- Cover platter tightly with plastic wrap and chill.) Spoon a dollop of red pepper sauce onto each breast and serve chilled.
- Notes: Boursin Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Sweet Red Pepper Sauce
- (Yields 2 c., serves 6 as a side dish)
Leave a review or comment