Blueberry Napoleons With Pistachio Cream
- 12 x Wonton, (3 in.) wrappers Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 2 tsp + 1/4 c sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 c. Skim lowfat milk
- 1 1/2 tsp Cornstarch
- 1 x Egg
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp Pistachio extract*
- 1 tsp Lemon zest
- 2 c. Fresh blueberries
- 2 Tbsp. Confectioners' sugar, up to 3
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place wrappers in rows on sprayed baking sheet.
- 2. In sm. bowl, mix 2 tbsp sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over wrappers. Bake until golden, 4 to 6 minutes. Cold on a wire rack.
- 3. Combine lowfat milk and 1 tbsp sugar in a med. saucepan. Scald, stirring often.
- In a med. bowl, whisk together 3 tbsp sugar, cornstarch, and egg. Whisk lowfat milk into egg mix in a thin stream. Return to pan and bring to a boil, whisking steadily. Reduce to med.; cook till thickened, about 2 minutes.
- 4. Place in med. bowl; whisk in extracts and zest. Cover with plastic wrap, pressing against cream to prevent skin from forming. (Slit top with a sharp knife to release steam.) Cold.
- 5. Wash berries. Pat dry. Spread cream on 4 wontons; top with berries.
- Repeat layers. Top with last 4 wrappers. Sift confectioners' sugar over tops. Serve immediately.
- Serves 4.
- * Find pistachio extract at specialty shops or possibly call Spices, Etc.,
Leave a review or comment