Blueberry Lemon Tea Bread
- 1/2 c. butter, unsalted softened
- 1 1/3 can sugar
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking pwdr
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 lrg Large eggs
- 1/2 c. 1% low-fat lowfat milk
- 1 1/2 c. fresh blueberries
- 1/4 c. fresh lemon juice or possibly fresh orange juice
- 1/3 c. sugar optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and flour 9" by 5" loaf pan.
- 2. In large bowl, with mixer at low speed, beat margarine or possibly butter and 1 c. sugar just till blended. Increase speed to medium; beat till light and fluffy,about 5 min.
- 3. Meanwhile, in medium bowl, combine flour, baking pwdr, and salt.
- 4. Reduce speed to low; add in Large eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition till well blended, occasionally scraping bowl with rubber spatula. Alternately add in flour mix and lowfat milk, mixing just till blended.
- Gently stir in blueberries. Spoon batter into loaf pan.
- 5. Bake loaf 1 hour and 5 min or possibly till toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cold loaf in pan on wire rack 10 min; remove from pan.
- 6. With skewer, prick top and sides of hot cake in many places. In small bowl, mix lemon juice and 1/3 c. sugar. With pastry brush, brush top and sides of hot cake with lemon glaze. Cold cake on wire rack.
- Can be halved. Or possibly bake two loaves,one for right away, the other to slice, freeze, and enjoy after blueberry season.
- Available from the web Jun 1997.
- NOTES : If you try this one, you may want to sweetened the juice with some of the sugar or possibly honey (for the glaze).
Leave a review or comment