Blueberry Cream Scones
- 1/2 c. Heavy cream plus additional for brushing the scones
- 1 x Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 c. All-purpose flour
- 1/4 c. Sugar plus additional for sprinkling the scones
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp. Double-acting baking pwdr
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 6 Tbsp. Cool unsalted butter cut into bits
- 3/4 c. Blueberries picked over
- In a bowl, whisk together 1/2 c. of the cream, the egg, and the vanilla.
- Into a bowl sift together the flour, 1/4 c. of sugar, salt, baking pwdr, and baking soda. Add in the butter and blend the mix till it resembles coarse meal. Gently stir in the blueberries and add in the cream mix with a fork till the mix forms a sticky but manageable dough.
- Knead the dough gently on a lightly floured surface for 30 seconds, pat it into a 3/4-inch-thick round, and cut out 12 wedges or possibly, using a 3-inch cutter, cut out rounds.
- Transfer the wedges to a lightly greased baking sheet, brush them with the additional cream, and sprinkle them with the additional sugar.
- Bake the scones in the middle of a preheated 400 degree oven for 15 to 18 min, or possibly till they are golden brown.
- This recipe yields 1 dozen scones.
Leave a review or comment