Blueberry And Lemon Crumb Bars
- 1 1/2 c. All-purpose flour u nbleached
- 2 Tbsp. Sugar
- 2 tsp Grated lemon rind
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 c. Cool butter cut in 1/4" sli ces
- 1 lrg Egg yolk
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. Cool water optional filling
- 1/2 c. Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. All-purpose flour u nbleached
- 1/4 tsp Freshly grnd nutmeg
- 2 c. Blueberries rinsed and sorted topping
- 5 Tbsp. Soft butter
- 1/2 c. Packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 c. All-purpose flour u nbleached Confectioner's sugar
- Preparation Time: 1:00Oven 400F / 200C. Butter is unsalted unless otherwise stated. Lightly butter a 13- x 9-inch baking pan.
- TO MAKE THE CRUST: Combine flour, sugar, lemon zest and salt in the bowl of a food processor. With the motor running, add in pads of cool butter, a few at a time. In a small c., stir together the egg yolk and vanilla. With the motor running, gradually add in the yolk mix; process till the mix pulls together. If the mix seems dry, add in some to all of the cool water. Turn dough out (it will be crumbly) into the prepared pan; with floured fingertips, carefully press the dough into an even layer over the bottom of the pan.
- TO MAKE THE FILLING: In a large bowl, stir together the sugar, flour and nutmet till blended. Add in the blueberries; stir to coat. Spread the blueberry-sugar mix into an even layer over the crust.
- TO MAKE TOPPING: Work the butter and sugar together with a wooden spool till blending. Using a fork, gradually add in the flour, stirring till the mix resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle the mix proportionately over the blueberries. BAKE for 15 min. Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees, and back for 25 to 30 min longer, or possibly till the edges and topping are browned and the blueberries are cooked. Cold on a wire rack before cutting into bars. Lightly sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.
Leave a review or comment