Blue Ribbon Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/2 c. All-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 c. Dark brown sugar packed
- 1/2 c. White sugar
- 1 c. Salted butter softened
- 2 lrg Large eggs
- 2 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 12 ounce Semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 c. Sweetened coconut flakes Double-rich chocolate cookie:
- 1 1/4 c. All-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/4 c. Unsweetened cocoa pwdr
- 1/2 c. Dark brown sugar packed
- 1/4 c. White sugar + 2t
- 1/2 c. Salted butter softened
- 1 lrg Egg
- 1 lrg Egg yolk
- 1 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 6 ounce Semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees and grease a 9-by-13-inch glass dish.
- First, make the Blue-Ribbon Cookies:In a medium bowl combine flour, soda, and salt. Mix well with a wire whisk. In a large bowl blend sugars and butter with an electric mixer.
- Scrape sides of bowl, then add in Large eggs and vanilla extract. Beat at medium speed till light and fluffy. Add in flour mix and chocolate chips, and mix just till combined. Press dough proportionately into prepared pan and sprinkle with coconut. Set aside.
- Next, make the Double-Rich Cookies: In a medium bowl combine flour, soda, salt and cocoa pwdr with a wire whisk. In a large bowl, blend sugars and butter with mixer at medium speed. Scrape bowl, then add in Large eggs an vanilla, and beat till well combined. Add in the flour mix and chocolate chips, and blend on low. Don't overmix. Drop the Double Rich dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto the Blue-Ribbon dough. Proportionately space the darker dough on top of the lighter dough to resemble bulls eyes. Bake 50-60 min, till a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cold and cut.
Leave a review or comment