Blue Cheese Straws
- 1/2 lb blue cheese room temperature
- 1/2 c. butter room temperature
- 1/4 lb finely grated Monterey jack cheese
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking pwdr
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Combine blue cheese, butter and Monterey jack cheese in food processor. Blend till combined. Add in flour, baking pwdr and cayenne and process till dough is smooth. Fit a cookie press with a star tip. Spoon dough into barrel of cookie press and pipe out short (2- to 21/2-inch) lengths of dough onto an ungreased, shiny cookie sheet. Bake in preheated oven 20 min. Let cold on pan. Remove from pan with a spatula.
- Store in an airtight container several days. Baked straws can be frzn. Thaw at room temperature before serving.
- Makes 6 to 8 dozen
Leave a review or comment