BlondiesPrep: 15 min Cook: 25 min Servings: 16by A Cook at Heart9 recipes>
A wonderful treat that comes together in a jiffy. Blondies are like brownies, minus the cocoa. And with this recipe, you will not miss the cocoa! They are so good.
- 1 stick / 1/2 cup unsalted Butter
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 large Egg
- Hefty pinch Salt (about 1/8 tsp)
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence
- Chocolate /Butterscotch chips ( or nuts, if you prefer them)
- Preheat the oven at 350 F.
- Grease a pan that you will use to bake the blondies in ( I used a square cake pan and sprayed it with non-stick PAM)
- Sift the flour and salt and keep it ready
- Melt the butter ( microwave it in short bursts), you want just melted, not bubbling ( that would be, almost ghee)
- Add the sugar to the melted butter and beat until creamy
- Add in the egg and the vanilla and mix well
- Add the flour + salt and mix well
- Transfer to the greased pan and bake in the oven for 25 mins ( or till a toothpick inserted comes out clean)
- Cool in the pan for about 10 mins and then transfer to a rack to cool completely. I left the pan cooling and went to get ready to go get the kids from school, no harm done. I sliced them in the pan and cooled them just a tad more, to pack them an go (and of course, take pictures).
Leave a review or comment