Blended Chicken CheeseburgersPrep: 10 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 6by Enda Love75 recipes>
These chicken and mushroom burgers are flavourful, simple to make and offer a lighter alternative to a traditional beef burger.
- • 1/2 lb. mushrooms, finely chopped
- • 1 lb. lean ground chicken
- • 1/2 small onion, finely diced
- • 1/2 tsp garlic & herb seasoning
- • 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- • 1 egg
- • 5 hamburger buns
- • 5 slices of American cheese
- • Toppings: Lettuce, tomato, onion, mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard, pickles
- Place the mushrooms in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Pulse until finely chopped.
- In a large bowl combine mushrooms, beef, onion, garlic, breadcrumbs and egg; mix all ingredients until incorporated. Form into 6 patties (1/3 lb), and cook either on the barbecue or on the stove-top until internal temperature reaches 160°F. During last minute of cooking, top patties with cheese. Keep warm until cheese begins to melt.
- Place patty on warmed bun and top with lettuce, tomato and red onion.
Leave a review or comment