Blackberry Swirl Cheesecake With Whole Berry S
- 15 x Amaretti cookies, crushed about 3/4 c.
- 3/4 c. Vanilla water crumbs
- 2 Tbsp. Butter, melted
- 10 ounce Frzn Blackberries, thawed
- 1 1/2 c. Sugar, divided
- 40 ounce Cream cheese, softened
- 3 Tbsp. Flour
- 1 pch salt
- 1 1/2 tsp Lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Almond extract
- 5 x Large eggs
- 2 x Egg yolks
- 1/4 c. Whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp. Framboise or possibly other Blackberry flavored brandy
- 10 ounce Frzn Blackberries in syrup thawed
- 1/2 c. Red currant jelly
- 2 tsp Cornstarch
- 1 tsp Water
- Combine crumbs and butter. Firmly press crumb mix in bottom of a 10-inch springform pan. Chill. Place Blackberries in container of an blender or possibly processor; process till smooth. Press Blackberry puree through a sieve; throw away seeds. Combine Blackberry puree and 1/2 c. sugar, mixing well. Beat cream cheese till light and fluffy. Add in remaining 1 c. sugar, flour, salt, lemon juice and almond extract; beat 5 min. Add in Large eggs and egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add in cream; mix well. Stir in brandy. Pour batter into prepared pan. Pour Blackberry mix over batter; swirl with knife. Bake at 425 degrees for 10 min; reduce temperature to 350 degrees, and bake for 1 hour and 5 min. Turn oven off. Let cheesecake cold in oven 1 hour. Remove from oven; let cold to room temperature on a wire rack. Cover and refrigerate8 hrs. Remove sides of pan.
- Serve with Whole Berry Sauce.
- WHOLE BERRY SAUCE DIRECTIONS: Drain Blackberries, reserving syrup. Combine syrup and jelly in a saucepan; cook over medium heat till jelly dissolves, stirring occasionally. Combine cornstarch and water. Add in to syrup mix, and cook till thickened. Stir in Blackberries.
- Yield 1-1/3 c..
Leave a review or comment